Thursday, January 03, 2013

Meme Nick

It's always fun to pilfer a meme, and this is one I nicked from Shiloh:

1. What the working title of your book?

I never give out titles until they're chiseled in publisher stone.

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?

Shane Adams and a red rose get the blame for this one.

3. What is the genre of the book?

It'll probably be marketed as paranormal romance or urban fantasy.

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Other than Shane Adams, have no idea.

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

I think I'll keep this under my hat for the time being, too.

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency/publisher?

It’s in the pre-proposal stage at present but (unless she hates it) the novel will be represented by my agent, Robin Rue at Writer's House.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I'm still working on it, but so far I've logged in about two months.

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I don't do that.

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

See answer to #2.

10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

In the story I never once use the word pique.

If you'd like to steal this meme for your blog, I don't think Shiloh would mind, and you have my blessing (if you would be sure to blame her for it with a link, too.)

No comments: